Eagle Air (Uganda)
|Hubs||Entebbe International Airport|
|Company slogan||Your getway into the heart of Africa|
|Parent company||Eagle Aviation (Uganda) Limited|
Charles Muthama, Chairman |
Tony Rubombora, Managing Director
The airline was established in June 1994 and started operations in November 1994. It is owned by Tony Rubombora (62.5%), Managing Director, and Charles Muthama (37.5%), Chairman. It has over 50 employees (as of March 2011).
Eagle Air offers scheduled and chartered flights to domestic and certain regional destinations, including air safaris to Ugandan national parks. In addition, it offers chartered flights within the East and Central Africa Region.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- South Sudan
- 1 Beechcraft 1900 19 seater aircraft
- 3 Let L-410 Turbolet 19 seater aircraft
- 1 Piper PA-34 Seneca 5 seater aircraft
- 1 Cessna 206 4 seater aircraft
Accidents and incidents
- Nsimbe, John Vianney (1 June 2009). "Our charters fly across East and Central Africa". The Observer. Kampala, Uganda. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- Flight International 3 April 2007
- Nakaweesi, Dorothy (10 July 2006). "Uganda: Eagle Air to Fly to Tourist Destinations". AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- "South Sudan bans Ugandan airline from Yei". Sudan Tribune. 12 December 2006. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- Jaramogi, Patrick (3 January 2008). "Uganda: Domestic Flights Halted Over Fuel Scarcity". AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- "Destinations". Eagle Air.
- Eagle Air Starts Flights to Western Uganda
- "Our Fleet". Eagle Air.
- Nakazibwe, Carolyne (18 December 2001). "Uganda: Eagle Air Pilots' Burial Today". AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 2012-08-12.