|Birth name||Noah Galloway|
1981 (age 33–34) |
Birmingham, Alabama, U.S.
|Allegiance||United States of America|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||2001-2006|
|Unit||1st Battalion, 502nd Infantry, 101st Airborne Division|
Noah Galloway (born 1981) is a former United States Army soldier, and a model and athlete. He was injured during the Iraq War, losing his left arm above the elbow and left leg above the knee. He is currently a contestant on Dancing with the Stars season 20, paired with Sharna Burgess.
Galloway, who was born in Birmingham, Alabama, joined the military in 2001. He was a Sergeant assigned to the 1st Battalion of the 502nd Infantry, 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
On December 19, 2005, during his second deployment, he was severely injured in an IED attack. He lost his left arm above the elbow and his left leg above the knee; his right leg and jaw were badly injured, the latter having to be wired shut. He was unconscious for five days, and later was moved to Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C., for further treatment and rehabilitation.
After leaving the Army, Galloway became a personal trainer. He participates in a variety of fitness competitions from regular 5K and 10K races to ones such as Tough Mudders, CrossFit competitions and Spartan events. He is also a motivational speaker, addressing audiences of veterans, school children, and others with his message of "no excuses".
In October 2014, Galloway became the spokesman and model for Kenneth Cole's new fragrance Mankind Ultimate. Galloway appeared on the November 2014 cover of Men's Health magazine, the first reader to be selected for the magazine's cover, and was named the publication’s "Ultimate Men's Health Guy". He has been a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show and The Today Show.
Dancing with the Stars
Galloway was chosen as a contestant on Dancing with the Stars season 20, and is paired with professional dancer and choreographer Sharna Burgess. He uses a prosthetic leg, but while Galloway experimented with a prosthetic arm for his Argentine tango, he and Burgess decided not to use it; he has not used the arm in any of his dances through the sixth week of competition.
|Week #||Dance/Song||Judges' score||Result|
|1||Cha-Cha-Cha/ "I Lived"||7||6||6||7||No Elimination|
|2||Samba/ "Homegrown Honey"||7||6||7||7||Safe|
|3||Argentine Tango/"Rather Be"||7||7||8||8||Safe|
|5||Foxtrot/"A Whole New World"||7||7||7||7||Safe|
Freestyle: Team YOLO/"Wipe Out"
|7|| Jazz/Era:1970's "Super Bad"
Cha-Cha-Cha/"Come Dance with Me"
Galloway founded the No Excuses Charitable Fund. The fund, which assists organizations he feels are important, has aided Operation Enduring Warrior and also local programs including those for children at the YMCA of the town where he lives, Alabaster, Alabama.
|2013||True Life||Noah||Episode: "I'm Doing A Tough Mudder"|
|2014, 2015||The Ellen DeGeneres Show||Himself||Aired on: October 24, 2014|
|2015||Entertainment Tonight||Himself||Aired on: February 24, 2015, March 17, 2015|
|2015||Dancing with the Stars||Himself/Contestant|
|2015||Good Morning America||Himself||Aired on: March 30, 2015|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "Bio: About Noah". NoahGalloway.com. 2015. Retrieved March 25, 2015.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Rice, Lynette (April 3, 2015). "How Dancing with the Stars' Noah Galloway Dances Without Two Limbs". People. Retrieved April 22, 2015.
- ↑ "'True Life' Check-In: Noah Hopes That People Find His First Solo Tough Mudder Inspiring". MTV shows blog. December 11, 2013. Retrieved March 25, 2015.
- ↑ "MANKIND Fragrance By Kenneth Cole Announces: Noah Galloway Revealed As "The Ultimate Men's Health Guy"" (Press release). PR Newswire. October 7, 2014. Retrieved March 25, 2015.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Stump, Scott (October 7, 2014). "Amputee vet becomes first Men's Health reader to grace magazine's cover". Today. Retrieved April 23, 2015.
- ↑ "Backstage Exclusive! Ellen Surprises Men's Health Cover Model Noah Galloway". ellentv.com. October 22, 2014. Retrieved April 23, 2015.
- ↑ Colurso, Mary (April 20, 2015). "Noah Galloway talks about 'Dancing with the Stars,' girlfriend Jamie, paparazzi encounters and more". AL.com. Retrieved April 23, 2015.
- ↑ Zimmerman, Mike (October 7, 2014). "Noah Galloway Is the Ultimate Men's Health Guy". Men's Health. Retrieved April 23, 2015.