Long Melford railway station

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Long Melford railway station is a disused railway station in Long Melford, Suffolk, England. It opened in 1865, as "Melford", and was renamed Long Melford in 1884. The station was part of the Stour Valley Line, operated by the Eastern Counties Railway, and served trains between Sudbury and Cambridge, as well as the branch line between Sudbury and Bury St. Edmunds. The line was closed in 1967, following the Beeching Axe and the station building is now a private residence.

[edit] Source